I love traveling and when I first started travel with my daughter I over packed everything. from carry-on to the checked baggage. so today I am going to show you what I pack in my child’s carry-on now that I know what she needed and uses when flying.
so the number one thing I always over pack were snacks she rarely ever ate them. emma would stay awake 2 hrs into the flight then put her self to sleep and I would normally wake her up when we landed. but I know not all children are that easy .as Emma got older she did stay awake more we also made a routine after security we went to Starbucks I got a coffee she got a smoothie. this is what I packed for snacks
- fresh fruit (or fruit pouches)
- goldfish( or other crackers
- spill proof cup (make sure its empty when going through security )
- fruit snacks (dried fruit)
- you can always have a sit-down meal while waiting for your plane
and it’s really up to you.you know what your child like and will eat . I also pick up a water bottle and special snacks after security. now for the entertainment, while waiting at the gate .there are play areas in the airport for kids to burn off some energy. but you are not always near them, sometimes they are before security. I try to pack a new toy and book depending on what Emma was into at the time. here are some store that are great for cheap items.
1. targets 1$ section (books, socks, puzzle, tattoos, bubbles. ect
2. the dollar store (coloring books, play dough, little toys and ect.)
what i pack for on the plane . to the destination .
*bubble 3oz or less (i got the party bubble size at target they come in a pack of 10)
*tattoos(we got stuck on a plane for 1 hr after we had landed .they saved the day )
*favorite stuffed animal & blanket (planes are cold)
*glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets for dark planes
*new books are great. if you have a leapfrog , kindle fire , computer, dvd player something for entertainment that is a time killer to ( you can also purchase movies on most airlines )
*headphones (make sure they fit and don’t fall off)
* art supplies (markers , paper, colored pencils , coloration art supplies are great for no mess if you are worried about your kids getting messy.
lets talk about clothing and toddler essentials
*extra clothes 2 sets including socks( i never needed the extra clothes but you never know)
*light jacket or sweatshirt
*bibs ( if you have a messy toddler)
*spoon just in case( plastic spoons break )
*diaper/pull-ups (bring half a pack of diapers) more depending on your flight
if you have a well potty trained child then you should still bring pull-ups.you will need 4 or 5 to be safe depending on your fight if its international i would bring a couple of night diaper just in case even if they are potty trained .then you don’t have to worry about them having an accident . if they are just staring potty training you should just bring diapers .trying to get to the bathroom in time is a challenge even if you have a aisel seat the bathroom might be occupied and /or long line.
now lets move onto medication /first-aid even if your toddler doesn’t regularly take/need medicine you still should bring it . airports and planes have a lot of people in and out and carry lots of germs .so i always bring medicine just incase here is a list that you might need and i always carry Clorox wipes to clean airplane surfaces luckily Emma has never gotten sick .
- Tylenol /ibuprofen
- Dramamine kids
- any prescription medication you child will need
- band aids (they can also keep little one occupied )
- Neosporin on the go / cream
- sunscreen (I use stick for the face and liquid for the body)
paperwork for your child
- passport (if you have /need it for your destination)
- copies of passport /important documents
- medical card/insurance card
hope this was helpfull if you would like some photo of item i could add that .again thank you for reading this i hope it was helpful .