1/2 cup (111g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup (204g) sugar
1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
2 cups (296g) flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 bag of mini candy bars (unwrap before starting and cut in half unless you are using Hershey kiss, peanut butter cup no need to cut them ).
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
2. Cream butter and sugar together for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
4. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Dough will be very thick. You might need to use a spatula or your hands to help it all come together.
5. take about a tablespoon of dough maybe more or less depending on your choice of candy . form the dough around the candy and roll into a ball
6. place on you cookie sheet and repeat intel all the dough is used.
7. Bake cookies 7-9 minutes. Remove from oven just before they start to brown .
8. Allow cookies to cool for 4-5 minutes, then move to cooling rack to finish cooling.
Notes the candy bars might seep out of the dough a little but it taste the same.
you can also roll them in sugar sprinkles before baking to makes them more festive.