2 acorn squash(cut in half and seeds are taken out)
1 LB of sausage (i used vegan sausage)
10 oz tofu (drained)
1/2 cup of mushrooms(minced)
1/2 cup of onion (minced)
2 cloves of garlic( minced)
salt and pepper to taste
- take the seeds out of you squash once your squash is cut in half. dice the ,onions , mushrooms ,tofu and garlic.
- if using the microwave cook the squash 8-9 minutes (over preheat to 400 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until you fork tender.)
- in a large skillet over medium heat cook the sausage , half way through add the onions, garlic , tofu and mushroomed cook about 3minutes.
- add the seasonings to the your filling
- now you are ready to stuff the squash. divide the stuffing evenly among the 4 squash.
you can also make the filling ahead of time keep in the fridge in a air tight container up to 2-3 days (mushrooms go bad fast once cooked)
this would also make a good mushroom filling.