this is a great cheesecake to impress those in-laws with your baking skills it’s easy to make and doesn’t have to many steps.
2 cups Oreo crumbs about 20 crushed Oreos
1/4 cup of butter, melted
3 (8 oz boxes of cream cheese)
1/2 cup of sugar
1teaspoon vanilla extract
8 oz of cool whip
11/2 Oreo crumbs about 16 crushed Oreos
and i bought whip cream in the can it makes life easier around the holidays(for decorating the top of the cheese cake)
- to make the crust combine the crushed Oreos and 1/4 cup of melted butter in a bowl mix.
- press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan with Saran wrap for easy clean up set it the frig to firm up.
- for the filling, mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together in a mixing bowl and mix tell smooth and creamy.
- fold in the cool whip
4. add the Oreo crumbs and mix until combined
5. spread the filling evenly into the crust and smooth the top . put un the frig for 4-5 or overnight
6. remove the cheesecake from the pan (if you are transporting the cheese cake i would leave it in the pan.
7 use the whip cream(in the can) and make swirls on top of the cheesecake . you can sprinkle more crushed Oreos over the top of the cheesecake . and also place whole Oreos on top of the whip cream swirls.
note to make this recipe gluten-free use gluten-free Oreos (cookies)