‘Tis the season for delicious holiday goodies. Everyone loves the classic Christmas cookies but what about other tasty treats that you can make at home? Here are a few easy Christmas treat recipes with a twist.
Christmas sugar cookie truffles: These truffles are incredibly simple to make and they only require a few ingredients. You’ll need about 12 sugar cookies, three tablespoons of cream cheese at room temperature, two cups of what chocolate (for melting) and sprinkles for decoration.
1. Place the cookies into a food processor and process until the cookies turn into fine crumbs.
2. Add the cream cheese and process again until the mixture can be pressed/shaped into a ball.
3. Shape the cookies into balls about 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches in diameter and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Place the cookies into the freezer for either 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for an hour.
5. While the cookies are in the freezer/refrigerator, melt the white chocolate in the microwave.
6. Remove the cookies and proceed to dip them in the chocolate using a spoon or two forks, coating them completely. Immediately afterward, place back on the lined cookie sheet and top with sprinkles. Allow to cool in the refrigerator and enjoy!