my oldest daughter lover poptarts and my 1 1/2 year old toddler wants some to so i headed to the kitchen to whip up some gluten free crust and it turned out great i couldn’t stop eating them they were amazing. they are not picture perfect but when you try them you won’t care.
- 2 pie crusts or home made
- 10 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 2-3 drops red food coloring
- Prepare pie crust as desired, or use store bought pie crusts. Roll out and cut into 10 rectangular pieces approximately 4 inches by 3 inches. If using store bought pie crust you will need to cut out 4 rectangles, gather the scraps, roll out the dough and cut out the last rectangle. You can get 5 pieces from one store bought pie crust. Place 5 of the pie crusts onto a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Scoop approximately 2 tablespoons of strawberry preserves onto the top of one of the pie crust rectangles. Dip your fingertips into some water and run it around the edge of the pie crust. Top with another pie crust rectangle. Press the edges together, the water will help to seal it. Using the prongs of a fork press the edges together again and leave the design around the edges.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to help set and form, this helps prevent the filling from leaking out. Can be left covered in the refrigerator overnight as well to bake in the morning.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 15-17 minutes until crust is fully cooked.
- For the frosting mix the powdered sugar, milk, food coloring together. Add more sugar or milk to get to desired consistency.
- Top with sprinkles as desired. Enjoy!