Cookies and M&Ms are two of my favorite sweet treat indulgences. It’s hard for me to say no to a cookie and it’s hard for me to pass up a few M&Ms. One of my favorite types of cookie is a cookie with M&M’s in it. So I made these M&M Easter Cookies to enjoy during Easter!
I figured an Easter cookie was appropriate for today’s post. These are perfect for the kiddos from the Easter Bunny or to bring to Easter brunch, lunch or dinner!
Speaking of Easter eating…what are your plans? We will be on a train come back from Seattle hopefully we will make it to Grandma’s house and then heading back to our house for an early dinner so basically we will be eating all day and I can.not.even.wait. Holidays are a great excuse to indulge a little which I plan on doing…a lot.
don’t forget to share your photos of how your cookies turned out . and please leave a comment to my daughter and i love to read them .
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 package Easter M&M’s (sorted by color)
- Cookie Sheets
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Add Mini Chocolate Chips.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- Immediately after removing cookies for the oven, press Easter colored M&M’s onto the top of the cookie.
- Let cookie cool.