i had pre-cooked some rice for another recipe and didn’t have time that same day to finish it . the next day i just threw some ingredients together and hoped for the best. it turned out pretty good the kids loved it.
1 lb ground turkey (seasoned)
2 cup uncooked long grain white rice (you can also use minute or brown as well and adjust the cooking time)
1 pk of fajita seasoning
1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of corn
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup (or more as desired) of shredded colby-jack or cheddar cheese
Additional toppings (optional)
fresh chopped cilantro
- sour cream
- in a large pot add water to cover the rice then add the 1 pk of fajita seasoning and cook the rice tell done.
- In a large 12″add the ground meat to skillet and cook, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Season.
- Stir in black beans, corn and canned tomatoes.since everything is cooked your going to want to just heat it though
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover with lid and remove from heat.
- Allow cheese to melt for 1-2 minutes then serve hot with desired toppings.
hope you enjoyed this recipe .