i saw these cute little bunnies peeps at the store and wondered what i could make with them then it came to me rice crispy treats and you know what makes it awesome? they are gluten free so i can eat them too , and who dosen’t like rice crispy treats? i don’t think i know of anyone in my family that can resist marshmallow treats.
what you will need
3 (3/38 oz) pk of peeps (12 in each pk) only need 10 out of each pk
1 (3/38 oz pk) decorated marshmallow eggs 9 in the pk (only need 7 of them)
1 box of rice crispy (6 cups)
4 tablespoons butter
what you need
foil (to line your pan)
bowls or something to melt the peeps in the microwave
- first you are going to want to line you pan with foil or butter, oil your pan
2. measure out your 1 1/2 of rice crispy cereal set aside . put 1 tablespoon of butter, and 10 peeps in a microwave safe bowl , microwave for 30 seconds.
3. mix the marshmallow peeps with the butter, then add in your cereal, once your cereal is coded in the marshmallow press it in your pan and repeat with the remaining colors. note: if you use the white peep eggs only need 7 of them.
5. once you have pressed all your rice crispy layers into the pan let cool for 2 hrs i didn’t have oil to oil my tin foil . if you do it will help get the tin foil off the bottom the rice crispy treat. if you don’t have oil then pop it in the freezer for 5 minutes it will help get the foil off the sticky bottom of the cereal. cute into desired shapes.
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine (divided)
- 4 3-ounce packages Marshmallow Peeps (in 4 different colors)
- 6 cups Crispy Rice cereal (divided)
- Prepare an 8-9″ loaf pan by lining with foil and spraying lightly with cooking spray.
- Divide the Peeps by 10s of the same color – 10 pink, 10 yellow, etc. (use any colors you like).
- In a deep, medium sized microwaveable dish, microwave 10 of the same color peeps with 1 tablespoon of butter on high for 30 seconds. Because microwaves vary, watch closely so the Peeps don’t flow over the sides of the bowl. Stir butter and Peeps together until fully melted and incorporated. (*tip – spray a spatula with cooking spray before stirring).
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of cereal until fully coated. Press firmly into the loaf pan.
- Repeat steps 3-4 with the other Peeps colors.
- Allow to cool completely (1-2 hours) before slicing.