i grew up baking with my grandmother she was they one who taught me how to bake i feel at home when i am baking in the kitchen . here is a secret i have never told anyone when i was about 20 i had dreams of opening a cookie and coffee shop but as i got older it never happened .
i had made these cookies after along day of taking care of toddler . my own toddler decided not to take a nap that day so i put her to bed around 7:30pm which left me time to bake.
the great thing about this recipe is that you can use it as an edible cookie dough i know score .
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 2. In the bowl of you stand mixer, combine coconut oil, honey, water and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined. The mixture might seem crumbly at first but it will come together (you can also knead it with your hands towards the end to ensure the dough comes together properly). Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- 3. Using a large cookie scoop, place cookie dough balls onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 11-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely